The Shreveport-Bossier Convention & Tourist Bureau (SBCTB) seeks an experienced Sales Manager that is responsible for promoting and selling the destination to meetings, events, group tour planners, weddings, reunions, and social planners. This individual will target smaller groups that fit into one hotel and event facilities while also seeking out larger conventions and areawide opportunities.
The candidate should have experience and be confident to present pitch decks, participate in market-specific tradeshows, sales missions, and in-market activities soliciting meetings and event planners to conduct business in Shreveport-Bossier City. This employee will be assigned market segments to generate leads and service requests to send to partners and work with them to close business. Additional follow-up to ensure booking may be required.
In addition to the job-related tasks this individual should thrive handling multiple responsibilities, work cohesively within a team and be inspired to positively contribute to the overall team culture at the Bureau.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
· Represents the Shreveport Bossier Community as its sales representative locally, regionally, and nationally for a variety of market segment assignments.
· Research, identify, and establish the appropriateness of groups for the local market and related facilities with daily activities through various means with available tools including MINT+, CVENT, and other sources.
· Assist in developing and implementing the sales/marketing activities, including collaboration on annual sales and marketing plan as well as budget.
· As part of the sales representatives for the community, establish and maintain effective working relationships with Shreveport Bossier La. area hotels, the local business community, co-workers, service providers, vendors, and clientele.
· Responds in a timely manner to inquiries, requests for proposals, and all lead sources. Record Accounts and activities in the Bureau/Sports Commission-Simpleview-Customer Relation Management tool for processing and record keeping.
· Conducts site visits locally and makes formal presentations to event/meeting planners and other prospects and contacts promoting Shreveport Bossier La. as a fun vibrant community-attracting business from assigned market segments.
· Creates awareness and actively promotes the community to meetings and event planners by attendance at industry trade shows and other opportunities. Must be able to travel to attend conferences and presentations to solicit business for the community.
· Help in the creation and development of sales presentation materials.
· Meets specified goals and objectives within assigned market segments.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented as part of all day-to-day activity.
· Other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the ongoing success and positive work environment of the SBCTB.
· Preferred a four-year degree from an academic institution in liberal art, communications, marketing, or other related fields. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experiences.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail with the ability to work with area stakeholders to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, travel, and holidays as required.
· Computer skills including related communications and recording tools, Windows office tools, and Industry CRM are preferred.
· Job experience in a related field including Hotels, CVB, and tourism-related industry.
· The job often requires lifting, stooping, climbing, bending, and standing.
· Some days may require working in outdoor elements regardless of the weather.
· Occasional physical activity including setting up booths and lifting to 60 lbs.
· Able to travel on overnight business trips on weekdays, weekends, and occasionally holidays; normally 3–5-night trips.
The Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau is the official destination marketing organization attracting meetings, leisure visitors, gaming visitors, and sporting events that result in economic growth through visitor expenditures and enhancing the quality of life in Louisiana’s Caddo and Bossier parishes.
Visitors love all that there is to see and do in Shreveport-Bossier: Louisiana’s Other Side, a metropolitan area of about 350,000 people. The sister cities are ideally situated in northwest Louisiana about 15 minutes from the Texas border on the west and 30 minutes from the Arkansas border on the north.
The Red River connects the two cities and since Shreveport’s early inception, the riverfront has served as the hub of the city’s commercial life. What began life as a log-jammed river port has now become home to a splendid convention center, six riverboat casinos, year-round festivals and a riverfront shopping/dining/entertainment venue.
The people are charming and the dining is unparalleled mixing the wide-open Texas spirit with the spicy Louisiana Cajun attitude.
The area has a lively arts, craft brewery and music scene. The diverse museums tell the story of famous musicians, galaxies, cultures, and explorers. The festivals showcase Louisiana’s traditions of good music, great food and all night entertainment.